Professional Dictation, Simplified.
The DS-9500 Digital Recorder
Record your voice and manage dictation workflow with enhanced clarity and increased flexibility in any environment.
With advanced features including WiFi technology, a superior noise canceling system, and enhanced structural integrity, the DS-9500 will simplify your workflow and improve dictation management efficiency. WiFi capability enables you to send dictation immediately to your transcriptionist without a USB cord, docking station, or computer. Intelligent dual microphones control the directionality to keep the focus on the person dictating and suppress ambient noise in offices, hospitals, cars, airports, and other noisy environments. A triple layer studio quality filter ensures accurate voice capture while reducing unwanted sounds including breath “pops” and wind vibrations. This ensures superior accuracy and enhanced workflow efficiency.
Encapsulated in a 1.5 – meter (4.9-ft) shockproof, alcohol wipe resistant body and equipped with an optical slide switch, the DS-9500 is designed to be a strong and dependable workhorse in heavy use environments. Complete with 256 bit AES encryption and device pin lock, the DS-9500 provides trusted security for your most sensitive information.
Olympus Professional Dictation products are available exclusively through our network of Certified Dealer Partners. Present in all 50 states and Canada, our dealers are trained in configuring the most efficient and cost-effective dictation and transcription solutions.
WiFi Compatibility and LAN Connector Included
Managing workflow and sending dictation via WiFi accessibility provides increased flexibility and improved efficiency. Pairing with your personal hotspot or office network provides real-time file sharing with your transcriptionist. Status of transcriptions files can easily be checked on the DS-9500. Learn More.
Professional Quality Studio Recording Built-in
An included studio quality pop filter reduces additional noise from wind and breath noise, enabling more accurate transcription and professional, high quality recordings.
Crystal Clear Voice in Any Environment Using Intelligent Dual Microphones
Intelligent dual microphone technology ensures optimization for many different recording environments. For example in a noisy environment such as an airport, use narrow directionality to ensure the voice is accurately captured. For conference rooms with multiple individuals speaking, use a wide directionality setting recording to accurately capture all presenters. Learn More.
Shock Proof Body Improves Longevity
A reliable body design resistant up to a 1.5-meter (4.9-ft) fall dramatically enhances the lifespan of the DS-9500 in heavy use environments. An optical slide switch reduces risk of mechanical failure. Learn More.
- Alcohol wipe resistant body
- 256 bit file encryption with DSS Pro audio codec. Learn More.
- Directional Stereo Recording optimized for Conference settings
- Olympus Dictation Management System Release 7 software included
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Open the Dictation Module
- Connect the DS-9500 recorder.
- Click on Tools then click on Options and click on Device.
- Select Email Profile
- Click Add
- Select the email account type.
- Select web based mail if you have one of the specified email accounts.
- Select SMTP if you have any other email accounts and enter your email address, password and the SMTP server details.
- Select the email provider.
- Enter a profile name.
- Select the Author ID to use.
- The Author ID must be configured in the Workflow tab.
- Enter the Email Address and Password
- Depending on the email provider you use, you may need to enable “allow less secure apps.”
- Click Finish
You can repeat this process to register up to 10 email profiles on the recorder.
- Go to “device security”
- Set a pin lock for the device If this is the first time configuring the pin the “old pin” is 0000 by default
- Enter new pin
- Check “Enable Device Lock Function…” Box
- Select options for when you would like the device to lock
The DS-9500 uses an Android operating system to better support Wifi connectivity.
- WiFi compatible for immediate file sharing with transcriptionist
- Intelligent dual microphones suppress unwanted background noise
- Triple-layer sound studio pop filter blocks breath and wind vibrations
- Certified up to 1.5 meter shockproof body
- Precise slide switch (REC / STOP / PLAY / REW)
- Full Color TFT LCD with white LED backlight, 36.72mm x 48.96mm / 2.4 inch (240 x 320 pixels)
- Rechargeable Li-ion-battery (1350mAh)
- Storage media: Secure Digital (SD, SDHC), 2GB, 32GB (External)
- Internal storage media: 2GB (micro SD), DSS Pro SP = approx. 306 hours recording time
- DSS / DSS Pro / WAV / MP3
Professional Speech Processing
- Author IDs: 10
- Worktypes: 20
- Priority: High/Normal
- Verbal comments (up to 32 per file), Text editor, Pending, File lock
Advanced Recording Features
- Voice activated recording (VCVA)
- Microphone sensitivity: 3 Levels (High/Middle/Low)(Conference Mode = Auto)
- Insert, Overwrite, Append, Partially erase: Only with DSS Pro & DSS (Overwrite & Append: also WAV)
- Index Marks Per File: 32 (DSS Pro/WAV/MP3), 16 (DSS)
- Level meter, VCVA indicator
- Folders: Up to 7 (name changeable)
- Hands-free dictation, stand-alone transcription with optional Olympus Footswitch RS-31
- Full-duplex recording with headphones
- Speed: Slow/Normal/Fast
- Volume level: Adjustable from 0 to 30
- Cue / Review
- Applicable as PC microphone
- Controlling PC application ODMS
- Accessibility: Various settings related to user authorization, e.g., prohibiting erasing of files; menu settings
- Splash message: Option to set personalized welcome message during start-up
- Main button guide: Shows current slide switch function on display
- Alarms: Option to set alarms for particular occasions; beeping noise
- Customizable display content: Option to customize information shown on display
- Programmable buttons: 3
- Single user and workgroup installation
- Server installations including license manager and manager tools (optional)
- Citrix / WTS / Thin client support
- Dimensions: 4.75 in (H) x 1.96 in (W) x .73 in (D) weight: 4.1 oz (including battery)
- Languages: English, German, Czech, Spanish, French, Danish, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Swedish, Italian
- Operating systems: Microsoft Windows ( 7, 8.1, 10) | Mac OS X (10.10-10.13)
- Recommended operating condition: 0-42°C / 32-107.6°F
- Mini USB 2.0 composite / storage class
- Charging via AC adapter or USB
- Speaker (integrated): Built-in .43 x .59 in square dynamic speaker, 320mW (8Ω speaker)
- Headphone/microphone jacks: Ø3.5mm mini jack | impedance 2kΩ, Ø3.5mm mini jack | impedance 8Ω or more
Packaging Content Box
- Warranty card
- Instruction manual
- LI-92B Lithium-ion rechargeable battery,
- A-517 AC Adaptor,
- KP-30 microUSB Cable,
- CS-151 Carrying Case,
- CR-21 Docking Station,
- Olympus Dictation Management System (ODMS) License (Dictation Module)
- LI-92B Li-ion battery
- CR-21 Docking Station
- AS-9000 PC transcription kit with RS31 footswitch
HELP VIDEOS & BEST PRACTICES
- Best Settings for DS-9500 & DS-9000 for Personal Dictation
- Add a Delivery Email on Your DS-9500
- How to activate VCVA on the DS-9500 or DS-9000
- Create Verbal Comments on DS-9500 and DS-9000
- Recording Options for the DS-9500 & DS-9000
- Switch Between Storage & Composite Mode on DS-9500 & DS-9000
- Setting Up Encryption on the DS-9500 Voice Recorder
- Wireless Download
- DS-9500 Wifi Selection
- Wifi Configuration Through ODMS