Professional Dictation, Streamlined Efficiency.
The DS-9000 Digital Recorder
Capture your voice with enhanced clarity, simplicity and flexibility, in any environment.
With advanced features including a superior noise canceling system, best-in-class file encryption, and supreme structural integrity, the DS-9000 will simplify your workflow and increase dictation management efficiency. Intelligent dual microphones control the directionality to keep the focus on the person dictating and suppress ambient noise in offices, hospitals, cars, airports and other noisy environments. A triple layer studio quality filter ensures accurate voice capture while reducing unwanted sounds such as breath and wind vibrations. This ensures superior accuracy that enhances workflow efficiency.
Encapsulated in a 1.5 meter shockproof, alcohol wipe resistant body and equipped with an optical slide switch, the DS-9000 is designed to be a strong, dependable workhorse in heavy use environments. Complete with 256-bit AES encryption and device pin lock, the DS-9000 provides trusted security to your most sensitive information.
Olympus Professional Dictation products are available exclusively through our network of Certified Dealer Partners. Present in all 50 states and Canada, our dealers are trained in configuring the most efficient and cost-effective dictation and transcription solutions.
Speech Recognition with Accuracy, Clarity and Noise-Reduction
Intelligent dual microphone technology settings ensure optimization for many different recording environments. For example in a noisy environment such as an airport, use narrow directionality to ensure the voice is accurately captured. For conference rooms with multiple individuals speaking, use a wide directionality setting recording to accurately capture all presenters. Learn More.
Motion Sensor and VCVA Technology
While the motion sensor allows the user to wake up the device by picking it up to immediately start recording, the Olympus VCVA technology automatically tracks pauses in a speaker’s dictation in order to save time, power and recording space. These features are easily customized and allow 15 different sensitivity levels, providing intuitive usage and power saving options for every user. Learn More.
Professional Quality Studio Recording Built-in
The included studio quality pop filter reduces additional noise from wind and breath noise, encouraging more accurate transcription and professional quality recordings. Learn More.
Shock Proof Body Improves Longevity
A reliable body design resistant up to a 1.5 meter (4.9-ft) fall significantly improves the lifespan of the device in heavy use environments. An optical slide switch reduces risk of mechanical failure. Learn More.
- Alcohol wipe resistant body
- 256-bit file encryption with DSS Pro audio codec
- Directional Stereo Recording optimized for Conference settings
- Olympus Dictation Management System Release 7 software included
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Open the Device Customization Program (link)
- Go to “Device Folders”
- Set Auto Lock to prevent dictation from being modified once the recording has stopped
- Enable encryption to make sure dictations are password protected
- Set password
- Apply to all folders desired to be secured
In addition to Encryption, Digital Chain of Evidence requires that the recording must not be able to be erased or modified by the recording device.
Use either the device customization or the dictation module STEPS Prevent Setting changes and Dictations being Deleted by Recorder:
- Go to “general”
- Check box to disable the erase button.
- Check box to disable the menu button.
- Go to “device security”
- Set a pin lock for the device If this is the first time configuring the pin the “old pin” is 0000 by default.
- Enter new pin.
- Check “Enable Device Lock Function…” Box.
- Select options for when you would like the device to lock
Review the Device Security video on our “Best Practices” page.
Yes, this setting is called VCVA (Voice Control Voice Actuator). This features allows for automated stoppage in recording to prevent extended periods of silence in the file. This is ideal for hands-free dictation.
To turn on the VCVA feature on your Olympus DS-9000 go to:
- Select Microphone
- Select VCVA
- Move the selector to the ON position
- Select OK
To increase the threshold to activate recording, use the Forward Button during a recording. To decrease the threshold which activates recording, use the Backward Button during a recording.
Click here for a video tutorial.
Recording format options include DSS, PCM and MP3 modes.
- To change your recording format, press “OK/Menu” to open the Menu.
- Press “–” to navigate to the Recording Menu and press “OK/Menu”
- Press “–” to scroll down to Rec mode and press “OK/Menu”
- Select a recording format and press “OK/Menu”
- Select the format quality attribute and press “OK/Menu”
- The “Setting fixed” prompt will appear to let you know the recording format has been changed.
With a Cradle:
- Connect the Ethernet cable and the power adapter to the CR21 cradle.
- Make a recording then once you are finished, connect the recorder to the cradle.
- Press F3 to send.
- It will then prompt if you want to send the file press + or – button to select the Yes option and press OK/Menu to confirm.
- The dictation will now be sent.
Without a Cradle:
- Create a recording and once finished, select the files you want to be transferred to the PC (All files/Finished files).
- Connect the DS-9000 to your PC via the USB cable.
- Launch ODMS R7.
- Your device should be recognized as connected.
- If you have set up your file locations and automatic download, dictations will be sorted automatically. See How to configure ODMS R7 in Stand Alone Mode.
- Intelligent dual microphones suppress unwanted background noise
- Triple-layer sound studio pop filter blocks breath and wind vibrations
- Certified up to 1.5 meter shockproof body
- Precise slide switch (REC / STOP / PLAY / REW)
- Full Color TFT LCD with white LED backlight, 36.72mm x 48.96mm / 2.4 inch (240 x 320 pixels)
- Rechargeable Li-ion-battery (1350mAh)
- Storage media: Secure Digital (SD, SDHC), 2GB, 32GB (External)
- Internal storage media: 2GB (micro SD), DSS Pro SP = approx. 306 hours recording time
- DSS / DSS Pro / WAV / MP3
Professional Speech Processing
- Author IDs: 10
- Worktypes: 20
- Priority: High/Normal
- Verbal comments (up to 32 per file), Text editor, Pending, File lock