But did you know that five simple dictation techniques can help you slash material review time, streamline work processes and save you time and money? Here are our five tips:
- The device should be held between 3 to 5 inches away from the speaker’s mouth.
- Remember to pause before and after dictating to avoid clipping information.
- Spell out technical words used in your profession. However, do not try to spell unfamiliar words. Instead, simply say the words slowly and clearly.
- Some numbers sound similar. Numbers such as, 13 and 30, 14 and 40, 15 and 50,16 and 60, 17 and 70, 18 and 80 can be difficult to distinguish. The proper format to dictate teen numbers is to say, for example, “Fifteen. That’s one, five.”
- Always say, “End of dictation” when finished.